Press Releases & Articles
CMS Posts New FAQs to the EHR Website
July 14, 2011
We want to keep you updated with the latest information about the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. Fifteen new FAQs on meaningful use, payment information for eligible hospitals, eligibility, and additional information for eligible hospitals have been added to our website. Take a minute and review these new FAQs.
Payment Information for Critical Access Hospitals
- What cost report data elements are used in the EHR incentive payment calculation for Medicare Subsection (d) Hospitals? Read the answer.
- How are Medicare EHR Incentive Payments Calculated for Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)? Read the answer.
- What costs can be included in the CAH's Medicare EHR incentive payment? Read the answer.
And even more new FAQs for Critical Access Hospitals:
- If my certified EHR technology is capable of submitting batch files to an immunization registry using the standards adopted by the Office of the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology (HL7 2.3.1 or 2.5.1, and CVX), is that sufficient to meet the Meaningful Use objective "submit electronic data to immunization registries" for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs? Read the answer.
- If my certified EHR technology only includes the capability to submit information to an immunization registry using the HL7 2.3.1 standard but the immunization registry only accepts information formatted in the HL7 2.5.1 or some other standard, will I qualify for an exclusion because the immunization registry does not have the capacity to receive the information electronically? What if the immunization registry has a waiting list or is unable to test for other reasons but can accept information formatted in HL7 2.3.1, is that still a valid exclusion? Read the answer.
How does CMS define pediatrician for purposes of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program? Read the answer.
Want more information about the EHR Incentive Programs?
Make sure to visit the CMS EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.Back to Press Releases & Articles
Get answers to your questions
Listen to the Customer Success Stories while using Sequelmed
Alternatively, please complete our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please schedule a live demo and see our products and services in action, as per your availability.