Press Releases & Articles
Meaningful Use Registration Opens for Select States
January 03, 2011
Melville, NY - January 3, 2011 - Today, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that registration for the Medicare incentive program for the meaningful use of electronic health records, in addition to some Medicaid incentive programs. SequelMed Electronic Medical Record (EMR) version 8 is 2011/2012 ONC-ATCB Meaningful Use Certified and is guaranteed to be fully compliant with the guidelines set by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) to meet Stage 1 Meaningful Use. Additionally, if any modifications must be made to Sequel Systems’ fully HIPAA compliant software solution, the company will credit its customers their monthly support fees during the period in which modifications are being made to meet the certification criteria.
As of today, there are eleven Medicaid programs ready for Meaningful Use Registrants in the following states: Alaska, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. In February, states that will open registration are California, Missouri and North Dakota. Other states on a rolling basis will launch their Medicaid meaningful use incentive programs during the spring and summer. Even States that are listed as "Unknown" are progressing toward program launch; however, they have not provided CMS with an estimated launch date – to follow those states, click here.
CMS also has announced important dates for the Medicare and Medicaid incentive programs' first year:
- Jan. 3, 2011 - Registration for the Medicare EHR incentive program begins.>
- Jan. 3, 2011 - States that are ready may launch their incentive programs for Medicaid providers.
- January 2011 - Some state agencies begin issuing Medicaid EHR incentive payments.
- April 2011 - Attestation for the Medicare EHR incentive program begins.
- May 2011 - Issuing of Medicare EHR incentive payments expected to begin.
- July 3, 2011 - Last day for eligible hospitals to begin their 90-day reporting period to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program for federal FY 2011.
- Sept. 30, 2011 - Federal FY 2011 payment year ends at midnight for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs).
- Oct. 3, 2011 - Last day for eligible professionals to begin their 90-day reporting period for calendar year 2011 to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program.
- Nov. 30, 2011 - Last day for eligible hospitals and CAHs to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for federal fiscal year 2011.
- Dec. 31, 2011 - Calendar 2011 payment year ends for eligible professionals.
More information is available at cms.gov/ehrincentiveprograms/.
For more information on how Sequel Systems can assist you become Meaningful Use compliant, please contact 800.965.2728 or email info@SequelMed.com.
Sequel Systems, Inc.
Get answers to your questions
Listen to the Customer Success Stories while using Sequelmed
Alternatively, please complete our contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please schedule a live demo and see our products and services in action, as per your availability.